2 Days Courses
Hospitality training has applications well beyond traditional service-orientated businesses. Customer service is the essence of the hospitality industry. Training for hospitality equips employees with tools to successfully manage conflict and adopt a customer–centric attitude. This
practical workshop offers life skills in dealing with customers and highlights customer expectations.
It is crucial for hospitality organizations to place emphasis in providing excellent customer service as evidently it helps develop loyal customer base and improve relationships with customers. In the current competitive era, it helps to boost revenue and profitability in the business. There is an
immense need to focus on customer retention and build customer loyalty. Loyal customers come back time and again; they will also promote your business through word-of-mouth recommendation. By building a long-term customer base, you can reduce the costs of looking for new customers and improve your bottom line. This revelatory training stint covers the effects of power posturing in verbal communication and the inner qualities for interpersonal interaction based on the principles of personal and professional integrity.
This programme seeks to galvanize participants to gain new confidence in Customer Service Communication and be effective in influencing through persuasive argument and skillful negotiation to affect a positive outcome. At the end of this programme, participants would have acquired specific skills, concepts and experiences that can propel their team and company toward greater professionalism.
Throughout the sessions, participants will learn the core aspects on how to be more assertive by understanding self and others better through understanding customer personality and managing customer expectations. This programme is specifically designed to engage, equip and inspire
personnel to take their delivery service to the next escalatory level.
Other essential features such as the importance of interpersonal Customer interaction, communicating effectively with customers, creating a positive impression and developing and maintaining Customer Service Standards are covered in this programme.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to :
- Discover Innovative Customer Service Skills & Hospitality Techniques.
- Create A Positive & Memorable Customer Service Experience.
- Address & Resolve Customer Dissatisfaction.
- Proven Techniques for Handling Customer Complaints.
- Manage Customer Expectations & Exceed Them Whenever Possible.
- Staff Will Gain A New Motivation & A Strong Desire to Succeed in The Hospitality Industry.
- Equip participants with the skills required to confidently manage high levels of customer
- Participants will look at different types of customers and the ways in which they behave.
- Practical techniques and checklists will help delegates solve difficult situations and manage awkward customers.
- Participants will also be encouraged to develop greater understanding of their own behavior and explore the effect it may have on others.
- Adapt own communication style to build rapport with the customer and show empathy for the customers situation
- Use language that is `can do` and initiates a positive customer response
- Ask probing questions to establish the customer’s requirements
- Summarize and paraphrase important points back to the customer
- Demonstrate a readiness and willingness to listen to the customer
- Present their company in a positive manner
- Gain agreement from the customer on the next stage in the process
What describes good and bad Customer Service?
- Good customer service is about maximizing your ability to make the bad things that happen to your customers disappear quickly.
- How to make the experience as enjoyable and professional as possible?
- Steps to approach every customer equipped with tools and methods that will allow to diffuse the situation and find a solution without giving Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) to the customer.
- Bad customer service automatically leads to a damaged reputation and other negative connotations.
Establishing a SMILE Campaign
- A smile alone doesn’t guarantee excellent customer service, but it almost always starts with a smile.
- A smile is more than expression, it’s a mindset and an attitude.
- Most importantly, a smile is an invitation.
- Bottom line: Whether the transaction is business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-customer (B2C), a smile is one of the easiest components to get right. Omitting smiles from the equation leaves out the crucial ingredient in any business interaction.
Understanding Common Customer Expectations
- The Six Most Common Customer Expectations
- The Art and Science of Managing Customer Expectations Effectively
- PRIORITIZE: Manage customer expectations effectively by prioritizing the needs of the client
- COMMUNICATION: Communication is key when it comes to competent customer expectation management. Having poor communication can be extremely frustrating for both the customer
and the business.
- CONSISTENCY: Consistency is something that all customers expect. When services or goods change on a whim, the client can be left feeling dazed and confused.
- REALISTIC PROMISES: Companies should not offer goods/services that they cannot deliver. It is important that a business understands how to say no to a customer.
- ORGANIZATION: Staying organized is vital. The more organized the business is, the easier it will be to follow up with client needs,
expectations, and deliverables.
Understanding Service Promise
- A clear definition of your “service promise”
- An understanding of the role of service in your organization
- An organization-wide commitment to service led by senior management
- Clear communication across all functional departments within your organization regarding your company’s service standards
- Assigned accountability for service within your organization
Customer Experience: A Crucial Journey
- A good customer experience strategy considers emotional variables which are inherently shaped by the independent traits of each customer, their perception of the experience, if the experience meets or exceeds expectations, and how they come to process it.
- This allows us to better understand the why’s and how’s of customers perception and how to best respond during interactions.
- Eight important aspects to improve customer experience.
What is service communication? How does service communication improve brand offering?
- Understanding Service Communication
- Importance of Communicating and Meeting Customer Requirements
- Positive First Impressions
- Customer Impressions
- What Skills are Needed?
- Accepting People as They Are
- Tone of Voice
- Service Related Phrases
- Body Language for a Positive Result
- The Importance of Eye Contact
Critical Customer Service Killers
- Companies who are guilty of bad customer service traits often face negative consequences, many of which are difficult to
overcome and can lead to the company’s failure.
- Even the worst customer service habits can be corrected without detrimental damage to your brand, assuming you take action quickly.
Understanding Strategic Steps to Improve Customer Satisfaction via Customer Satisfaction Drivers
- Ways to Measure Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Satisfaction Drivers
- Five Steps to Improve Customer Satisfaction
- The organization is here to meet the customers’ needs.
- Anticipating and satisfying those needs is the cornerstone of our existence and the measure of our success.
Complaint Resolution Strategy: Proficient Complaint Handling Skills
- Retaining customers can be up to five times more profitable than finding new ones. Customer loyalty is crucial to your business. To maintain this relationship, we need to be able to handle complaints effectively, to have effective customer feedback systems and friendly service recovery policies. 90% of customers admit that they will repurchase from a company if their complaint is handled well.
- Why most customers don’t complain
- Complaints: Your chance to recover and regain loyalty
- Common reactions to complaints
- Complaint handling golden rules
- Strategies for generating complaints
Customer Behavior: Influenced by various factors
Customer Behavior is the study of individuals, groups, or organizations and the processes they use to select, secure, use, and dispose of products, services, experiences, or ideas to satisfy their needs and wants.
- Types of Customers, their Behavior and How to Handle each one of them Effectively
- Role-plays to emulate competent Customer Service and promote Customer Satisfaction
Rewards for Excellent Customer Service
- Rewarding good customer service makes good sense.
- Rewards are very important to developing a culture of good customer service. Any cultural change needs to be reinforced with rewards.
- We need to tell people they are doing the right thing and make people feel good when they do them.
- Keeping Your Promises Protects and Increases Your Bottom Line
- End Results of Good Customer Service
Personal Action Plan
- Instructions on developing a Personal Action Plan